Friday, December 2, 2011

Sneak Peak - Farm Table

After nearly 5 years and 2 kids, I thought I knew my husband, Mr. Whimsy B, pretty well...I knew he was handy, but I never realized how creative and talented he was until I brought home an old door from a barn sale a couple weeks ago.  B took one look at it and declared that it would be the perfect table top, which hadn't even crossed my mind.

He described how he was going to build the base, and I nodded along and trusted that he would figure it out...but I didn't expect to be totally wowed by the outcome.  Maybe we need to trade professions? 

I still need to clean it up and give it several coats of poly so no one ends up with lead poisoning from eating paint flakes.

Love this...
Have I left you wanting more? 

That was my plan...bwah, hah, hah!! (that's supposed to sound evil, do I sound evil in your head?)

Okay....one more.  Since I love you all so much...

The base is made from reclaimed barn wood that B "reclaimed" from a heap of collapsed barn during the middle of a torrential rainstorm....(extra points if you spot the toddler).


Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!


take care -




4 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I love those keyhole hardware details! You have one fantastic table happening!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I can tell it's going to be awesome. Thumbs up to B.

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

I love farm tables, and can't wait to see yours!

Laura @ Our Prairie Home said...

Fantastic! Can't wait to see the full reveal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...