Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Whimsical Wednesday: DIY Floral Pom Pom Vines


Weddings are a great source for DIY decor ideas...so I do my fair share of wedding-related blog surfing.  It's hard work, but ya know, I'm willing to make sacrifices for a good (thrifty) DIY idea.  

When I came across this DIY Wedding Pom Pom Vines tutorial from Once Wed, I knew immediately that it would be my next Whimsical Wednesday Idea...


With endless color possibilities, this would make a beautiful addition to a nursery or little girl's (or boy's) room.  I think it would also be pretty on a mantel or shelf for spring and Easter.
It could even be used for retail displays to add a little whimsy.


I made these pom poms for my sister's wedding, and they are very easy...though it took me a couple tries to get them to look the way I wanted them (so don't despair if the first few aren't picture-perfect).


Once Wed offers a beautiful tutorial filled with lots of pictures.

I'm hoping to be able to start trying out my Whimsical Wednesday inspiration ideas, so I can share my experiences with you...but it's been pretty crazy around here lately.

If you make one of these little lovelies, I'd be thrilled to see your finished project!

Have you been inspired by any wedding or party-related ideas lately?

take care -
 

Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

NonnaG said...

Found your site while visiting Frugal Interior Design/Frugal Tree Blog..very nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...