Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Don't Want to Miss A Thing...

When I originally started this blog, it was called "Max and Emerson," and it was supposed to serve as a journal for my babies.   Then I started my business, and changed the name of my blog - and the focus changed a bit.

Max and Emme - Christmas  2010

Yesterday, Emme turned 2 years old, and just like everyone says...I can't believe how quickly the time has gone.

My pudgy baby is gone, and she has been replaced by a truly terrible, wonderful one-of-a-kind two-year-old (I say that with all the love in the world.)


This morning, we were on our way home from taking Max to preschool, and I was thinking about how quickly time has gone since Max was born.
A song came on the radio that's typically considered to be a love song, but it described how I feel about my babies.

I know it's incredibly cheesy, but I realized I've already forgotten so many details of their short lives.  For Emme's birthday, I wanted to do a post to record this moment.



I could lie awake just to hear you breathing

Watch you smile while you are sleeping
Well you're far away dreaming

Emme - August 2011

I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
And just stay here lost in this moment forever`z

Well, every moment spent with you
Is a moment I treasure

Max and Emme - Summer 2010

I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing
Emme at 10 months - September, 2011

'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing

Eatin' cake just like her mama taught her - November 2011

Lying close to you
Feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together

Christmas 2011

And I just wanna stay with you
Just stay in this moment forever, forever and ever

I don't wanna miss one smile
Emme at 18 Months - May, 2012

I don't wanna miss one kiss
Well, I just wanna be with you
Right here with you, just like this
Max and Emme in the sand box - Summer 2012

I just wanna hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time
Kings Island, Emme at 22 Months - September, 2012

Don't wanna close my eyes
Don't wanna fall asleep, yeah
I don't wanna miss a thing

On the zoo train - October 2012

I can't believe how many details I've already forgotten, how many photo opportunitues I've missed (or lost on old phones), so I really want to work on this.  
Some of my future posts may be a little journal-y, but I promise to include the good stuff too.

Emme's 2nd Birthday - note that she has her fork securely gripped and she's ready for cake! (That's my girl!)  Immediately after lighting her candles, Max blew them out.  He tried to do a second time, but daddy assisted Emme and blew them out for her.

At the moment, Max is whining and has asked for the same thing at least 25 times in the last 5 minutes.  I don't want to miss a thing, but if I do forget something, I hope it's the whining....I'd be okay with that.

take care -
 

Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Felecia Cofield said...

Oh Erin, your children are beautiful! I don't mind the journal-y thing at all! I so enjoyed this post! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...