Thursday, November 8, 2012

Not Your Grandma's Clothespins

Don't you love the look of white vintage buttons?  The different shades of white and ivory, opaque, pearl, shiny, dull....a jar of old buttons can entertain me for longer than I care to admit.

All I can say is yum!  It's almost as good as candy....







Is anyone else drooling?

Okay, maybe not drooling....

So, anyway, here is my spin on white buttons....
Vintage Button Clothespin Clips
button clothespins!

   Vintage Button Clothespin Clips
...just need some clothespins, hot glue, and buttons....

Vintage Button Clothespin Clips
these "package" pictures are just part of my Etsy listing.  

When you were little, did "fake" packages totally blow your mind?  
How could there be this gorgeous package with no toys inside?
Just an empty box. 

...humph....

...maybe it was just me?
Vintage Button Clothespin Clips
I think these could look cute to hold place cards for a table setting....and the recipient can reuse it.

Vintage Button Clothespin Clips

I'd also like to make some with magnets on the back? 
Anything is better than the "Cars" magnets on my fridge that can't even hold up a single sheet of paper.

Hope you're having a great week...

I'm sharing this post at these parties (wow! it's been months since I've partied!):
 No Minimalist Herethe shabby creek cottage

take care -
 

Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

must love junk said...

I just found your fun blog and Etsy site-love your blog name,too-and am your newest follower! I'd love you to stop by :)
Susan

Adorned From Above said...

These are such cute ideas.I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party and would love to have you share this with everyone. Here is the link to the party.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/wednesday-adorned-from-above-link-party.html
Debi @ Adorned From Above

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Erin, The clothes pins are soooo cute! I love all the inspiration photos using buttons. Thank you for joining the Open House party.

Sue said...

What cute clothespins, all gussied up with the white buttons! Yes, I think that magnets on the backs of them would be great for a refrigerator. Why do we always seem to have the ugliest magnets on the door? LOL
Did you get my last e-mail re: my give-away items? I'd be happy to meet you to collect them! :-) Sue

Gwen said...

Oh, Erin! Those are fantastic! The next time I come across a jar of buttons at a thrift store, I am totally going to snatch it for this... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...